Wednesday, September 27, 2006

As a child, I always had an immense fascination with kaleidoscopes. I remember sitting in our living room chair sideway for hours, with my legs hanging over the arm, a kaleidoscope held up to my eye......I loved to turn the scope one notch at a time to see how it would change the intricacies of my view. The burst of colors and symmetrical patterns were a source of pure delight and it's ever changing landscape apprehended and held my curiosity. I am finding that life is much like a kaleidoscope rich, bold & vibrant in texture, yet everchanging. I have experienced a metamorphis of sorts over the past few months......and I find myself embracing a new atmosphere that is everchanging. It's not that my life has been static or fixed, its just that I have been unaware on some level of the subtle turns. Each turn of the kaleidoscope brings yet another view while still clinging to remnants of the original beauty. Intrestingly, kaleidoscope came from the Greek words, "beautiful-form-to-see". With each notch that we turn on our kaleidoscope of life, we see such magnificance, such intricacy and we pause to absorb it, speculating if the next turn will yield another display of open-mouthed wonder. It is my desire that as I revel in the former image, I also eagerly anticipate the next vision before my eyes.

No comments: